Monday, March 06, 2006

A picture that's truly worth a thousand words

The most priceless thing that all parents can own is a picture of their newborn. That one picture can signify so many feelings and emotions, and as I have learned, that one picture says more than it shows. Most newborns aren’t that attractive (parents will agree!), when kids are born, they’re all swollen and wrinkly. It’s a while before your little one becomes adorably edible! But ask any parent and as far as their memories serve, their child was the most beautiful baby in the world. That’s because when your child is born, you don’t just see what’s in front of you, you see a future, you see the love you share with your spouse, and you see all the world’s happiness wrapped up in that soft little blanket.

I’ve always had Iman’s first picture framed in my house. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of the day she joined us. The day when Omair and I graduated from “coupledom” to “parenthood”. The day a tiny little creature tightened the bond between me and my husband and made us a family. The picture floods my mind with so many memories and always makes me smile. Even on the toughest parenting days, that picture reminds me where it all started and why I became a mom in the first place.

Although kids’ faces change as they grow older, there is always a little piece of them that remains the same. Sometimes it might not be physical, but in spirits, the child that you held on the first day will always be the child that will hold you for life.

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger mayya said...

awwww
I wonder if the nurses or the doctors nicknamed her, when my sister was born she was the only girl out of 9 boys in the wing and the doctor nicknamed her pinky

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such an amazing pic!

Just think: one day Iman's grandchildren will be looking at it and they'll be going Awwww too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home