Thursday, March 09, 2006

Making memories, not just brownies

Iman loves helping out any way she can. She’ll be more than happy to carry clothes to the laundry basket, or get me something when I ask for it. She loves clean up time (probably because we sing Barney’s clean up song!). Any activity where you can get her to do something “grown up” she will be more than happy to oblige. And today Iman and I shared a very fun and exciting afternoon, which gave her a new opportunity to help and indulge herself at the same time!

Being busy with a new job and my mom’s illness, I haven’t been able to make any treats for Iman lately. But on my drive home from work I vowed that today would be the day that I would find the energy to bake some brownies for the family.

So here we were, mother and daughter, surrounded by eggs, milk, cocoa, butter, flour and more! She had a great time participating. I had her hold the cup as I measured out the ingredients. Then I let her pour them in. She loved it when her hands got all sticky with the egg whites, and she laughed when I let her play with the flour. Finally when our batter was ready, I let her stick her finger and put a glop of it in her mouth. She got so excited by that, that she wanted to do it again and again, so we managed to let her enjoy herself until we ran out of clean fingers.

In the end, I poured the batter into the pan and let her set the timer. 20 minutes later all three of us enjoyed hot brownies and milk.

Making the brownies was loads of fun, but making the memories was even better!

3 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

When the next blog button gave me this site I thought 'oh no not another bloody baby blog'. I was wrong this is about a thousand times more interesting than the normal isn't she/he cute routine. One of my greatest triumphs in life was to get my neice to excitedly peel the potatoes for my dinner much the shock of my brother!

http://judaspenrose.blogspot.com

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Blogger said...

Another great story. There aren't many things more fun that licking chocolatey goo off one's fingers, are there?

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Lorraine said...

I still remember baking cookies and such with my mum. Brownies are for a moment, the memory of making them with a mommy who lets you get all sticky in the process last forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home