Saturday, June 02, 2007

Thank you Mom

My Mom had come to stay with me when Ayzah was born. Even though I had already played the "mommy" game before, being a mother of two was an entirely new concept that needed training.

Mom's presence was enough to give me strength and energy to tackle a 3-year old and a newborn at the same time. When she wasn't helping hands on, she was giving me valuable words of wisdom. Her stay was full of long conversations, late night gossip sessions, shopping sprees, cooking expeditions and a few fights along the way.

She left yesterday, and I feel like I've never been so alone.

Me: I don't want you to go yet.
Mom: I think it's about time you settled into your routine.
Me: But I'm afraid of being alone.
Mom: You're not alone, you've got 2 kids.
Me: That's why I'm afraid.

8 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...you know ive always had mum be there but its really scary knowing that il be venturing out and away and having to be a proper mum to my eman its silly how its making mum more upset!
anyways wish me luck and stay happy - xX

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Lorraine said...

My mom stayed with us for the first 10 days of The Child's life. I cried when she left, weeping that I couldn't do it without her. She just smiled and said, "Of course you can".

You just got onto Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and won't be getting off anytime soon. But how terrific to have a mum to support you, even as you take off on this new adventure on your own.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Shezalldat said...

aaaw! mums are the bestest!

 
At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ameen for mothers!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Blogger said...

That's really great that you were able to share Ayzah's first few days with your Mum. That kind of thing doesn't happen too often within expat communities.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

There was a time when I enjoyed reading this blog so much and almost felt like kicking myself for not remembering the link. I would go around search engines typing keywords like Dubai+Mommy+Blog (lol). And now that I've finally found it again, I would firstly like to congratulate you for your second daughter!

I really, really hope you have a back up of this blog just incase blogspot refuses to behave some unlucky day. You really don't want to lose a word of it! Imagine how your daughters would feel if they read all this at thirteen! Something to think about if you haven't already done so!

Keep blogging :) God bless you and your loved ones! Well wishes!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Blogger said...

Ditto what Fizza said about having a backup of your posts. You MUST make sure you've done that!

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm interested in the idea...but how do you make a backup copy? You mean individually copy and paste ALL the posts into word? THat would take a long time.

Or is there an easier way?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home