Thursday, May 03, 2007

Massage and Therapy

I have a lady that comes in the morning to massage me and Ayzah. It's something cultural that we have done for the first month after delivery.

The "massage lady", as she is known in our home, is a wise old woman who has been doing just this for years. She's elderly, but wise. And during the time that she is massaging me, she talks to me. Asking me about what is going on at home, how I feel about raising a second child. What my problems are and how I am handling them.

She also offers words of wisdom. Wisdom about how to handle Iman during these changing times. How to work around the kids and continue to have a relationship with my husband, and how to steal those moments in life for myself.

I get a massage and therapist to talk to.

More value for money than I had thought.

3 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Mona said...

oh, good on you! she sounds brilliant.
my mom had arranged for a massage lady too and then i ended up having a c-section!
the househelp massages my legs, backs and arms and it's oh-so-good!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger cheesoo said...

oh i missed this so muc.. a 45 minute massage costs smthg like $75 here in the u.s...

my waxing/maalish lady back home is like that... funny, gentle and so wise..

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh goodness, I want her to come to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home