Friday, May 25, 2007

What goes around comes around...

On a normal day Iman's TV time is limited to 1 hour. An episode of Barney and an episode of Dora is all that she's allowed. But of late, things haven't been normal in the house, because of which we've been slipping, and Iman has been watching more TV than we would like.

On several occasions I have said to her... "If you watch too much TV, you'll turn into a TV and then I'll have to put you on the wall and watch you all the time."

Mind you, this isn't taken as a serious threat in our house. She finds it really silly and funny and gets a great laugh out of it.

So yesterday, I was watching something on TV and Iman came to me and covered my eyes. When I asked her why she did that, she replied in a VERY serious tone...

"You're watching too much TV, if you watch too much TV you'll turn into a TV and then I will have to put you on the wall and watch you."

Oh great. She's using my own words against me.

2 Comments:

At 2:27 AM, Blogger Shezalldat said...

haha! i had that with eesa too. I'd tell him 'Allah's watching' everytime he'd waste water.

it came right back to us during an NBA game, 4th quarter, 28 seconds left with him running to the tv and hitting the mute button. And then proudly declaring 'Allah watching!!'. *sigh*

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

I hate when they do that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home