Saturday, May 05, 2007

A Thousand Different Faces

Whenever people hear about a newborn, they instinctively ask... "Who does the baby look like?". I never really understood this, because babies really just look like babies. But it's funny, how an adult can look into the face of a 2 day old a declare that... "She's taken JUST after her father!"

I can never see resemblance between parents and children, so normally I steer clear of these conversations. The funny thing is that children will change a thousand different faces over the course of the first few months. So really, who can make that call at just a few days?

Iman, who was born a spitting image of Omair, now apparently looks a lot like me.

Ayzah, as everyone has told me, is a total copy of me. So much so, that when my mom holds her, she tells me that it feels like she's gone back in time and she's holding me again.

As the days pass, I try to look at both Iman and Ayzah to find resemblances of me and Omair, but I have come to realize now that both of them have their own faces, and no matter how many similarities others may point out, it's not just their face, but also their personality that really adds to who they are.

P.S... and yes, Ayzah, even at 2 weeks has her own personality, she's a feisty little devil!

3 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Hina!!
congratulations!!!!!! i am obviously waaaaayyyyyy tooo late i had no idea you were expecting and i was so busy with exams, eman and with the parents gone for Umrah i had no time...I am so happy for you and your family...

Umaira !!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Mona said...

so true.
i look at hana and i think she looks so big already. she doesn't look like the tiny, fragile, helpless thing she was that first day, anymore.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Lorraine said...

I remember when The Child was born, being so surprised because I had expected her to look like all her cousins (there was a definate look to all those babies) but when she was put in my arms my first thought was "Whose baby are you?" She didn't look anything like I'd expected. It was also a gift because in that very moment I also knew that she was her own, unique person unto herself, not just some little carbon copy of The Spouse and I. To this day, I don't think she looks like either of us, though everyone else seems to think she favors either him or me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home