Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Traffic Trouble

During her play time at home, Iman lined up all her toy cars in rows, making a little group cluster. Then she climbed on to her tricycle, rode up behind the cars and then sat there looking bored. After a couple of minutes of watching her just sit there patiently, my curiosity got the best of me and I asked her…

“Iman why are you just sitting there?”

And she replied…

“I’m stuck in a traffic jam.”

And this is "pretend play" for a child growing up in Dubai!

8 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought only the adults had to deal with traffic over here!

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Farrukh Ahmed said...

hahaha.....I can so relate to that. Thank god i'm back in Pakistan. Ppl might say they're stuck in jams here but really, the traffic is heaven here!!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Blogger said...

Another absolute classic! I swear, if I hadn't met Iman, I would be beginning to wonder that you make up half these stories.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Hina said...

Ha ha ha, D! I know what you mean. There are so many times that I retell the happenings of our life and people look at me funny.

Iman is a little one (in size) but she is so FAR ahead with talking. Sometimes her incredible intelligence shocks me.

 
At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ay, wht abt tht bird? u said u will do a separate post on it.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Yes, yes! We want bird updates!

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hina, thanks for the comments..i've been meaning to update for a while now, but hana and i are having bfeeding problems that i'm hoping we can work them out soon.
Iman's darling, lol. So sharp. Traffic in Dubai is stressful for little kids too, defintive proof is here in this post.

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. hilarious. i dont think I ever did anything remotely intelligent when I was a kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home