Thursday, July 06, 2006

Potty Training Update

For those of you who continue to remain interested in Iman's potty news... here's our latest.

As you know from before... day 1 and 2 were a nightmare. We had pee all over the house (luckily I picked up the rugs).

BUT...

Day 3 was a miracle! All of a sudden Iman started telling us that she had to go, and beleive it or not, we went through almost 3 whole days without a single accident!!

On Day 6 I think we cursed ouselves. The accidents came back... but not so many.

On Day 10 things really took a turn for the worse. Now, when I know it's about time to head to the bathroom, I ask her "Iman you need to go?" and she replies "No". Then 5 seconds later, she pees on the floor.

Don't get me wrong, she does tell me on and off. I guess it's just a game that we'll be playing for a while more. But the good news for all you moms out there (those who still have untrained kids) here's my verdict...

Potty training isn't that hard. Kids do get the hang of it, as long as you train them when they are ready. The accuracy probably depends on child to child, but seeing as I was deathly afraid of this step, I can assure you all that it isn't all bad.

Now you can all sleep easy.

3 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Blogger said...

Yayyyyyyy! Progress! And so soon!

Well done!

I'm sure you'll all be fully accident-free before too long.

 
At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont worry girl. My daughter did the same. I asked her to pee, she'd say no and 5 minutes later we'd be either peeing on the floor or running her to the bathroom.

Patience my dear. One day, your kid will have her EUREKA moment. Trust me !!! Coming from a mom who has had her highs and lows of potty training... :)

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Congratulations. See? You both can do this and you are. Snaps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home