Friday, June 09, 2006

Meeting Moms

Last weekend we went to a 2 year old girl’s birthday, and got the chance to meet 5 other moms who had 2-year old girls. It was one of the most exciting days of late! Not only did Iman have a blast… I got the chance to sit and chat with women who were looking at life through the same window as me!

We shared our own stories of child raising, we talked about our problems and moments of triumph. For the first time in a long time I felt I was in the right place. We talked about working vs. staying at home, we discussed what we feed our kids, we talked about Barney and the Tweenies (it was funny because the British women didn’t know Barney and the American women didn’t know the Tweenies!). We talked about healthy snacks, we talked about viral colds and effective home remedies. We laughed at each others stories of motherhood.

And we watched our girls play together.

It was a fun day.

5 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Yeah! Nothing is more important that finding other moms who are on the same place and more or less the same page. Makes the job so much easier. I'm happy for you!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Blogger said...

Look at the sorrowful little faces of those two other girls. You can see exactly what they're thinking: 'Why, world, are you so cruel? Why am I not as cute as Iman? Why am I destined to be the non-Beyonce member of the great pop group of life?'

But seriously (just in case you couldn't tell I wasn't being serious)... were ALL the other kids potty trained?

And were there any parents who don't allow their kids to watch TV?

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Hina said...

All kids were allowed to watch TV (a little can't ever hurt!-- ask the moms who NEED that 1/2 hour break!!)

And a sorrowful yes... all the girls there were potty trained :(

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

She'll get potty trained...don't worry about that. I got to meet up with some moms yesterday and watch our kids play too. I really enjoyed it. Like you said, it felt right.

 
At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my son got potty trained when he was a little over two. Each milestone before it comes seems like it'll never happen.

My feelings are entirely different. I feel much more comfortable with the non-mommy types (if i like them of course). It gives me a chance to think about something else for a change and view life from a different perspective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home