Friday, March 31, 2006

The things they say...

I just can't get over the fact that Iman can properly "talk" to us. Although she still babbles a lot of things, but more frequently we hear her say proper sentences and reply to our questions with complete answers. You'll hear parents say this all the time, but it's seriously true... it feels like it was just yesterday that she said her first words.

I stare at her in awe as she tells me about something she's seen, or when she takes the phone and talks to Omair, using correct words to describe her day. It's amazing at how much she can communicate. But my favorite is when she comes up with a complete sentence, the most recent addition has been SO cute, that when she said it the first time, I just HAD to call Omair right then and have him hear it too!

And the story goes like this...

When I went to collect Iman from daycare, I noticed that she had written all over herself with a pen. So I pointed to it and asked her, "Iman what is this?" and she looks at it carefully and then looks at me, shrugs her shoulders and uplifts her hands and says... "I don't know".

3 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and now she says "I don't know" to everything we ask.

O

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Lorraine said...

LOL!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Blogger said...

That's too cute...

...and it's also a bit freaky how almost every single story you tell about Iman reminds me of something to do with my own childhood... but this time I'll save the story for next week.

See you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home