Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Leaving her behind

She was so happy this morning when I woke her up. Excited to get ready in her new clothes and head to her school. We did a quick photo session before she left, showing off her back pack and new look. When we got to the class, her teacher welcomed her in with a big hug. She went in and sat down and the assistant teacher helped her pick out something to play with.

One of the kids was crying and another boy was running around. Iman was sort of quiet, I think that it was too much for her to take in at one time. It took a lot of strength for me to kiss her goodbye. Even though she spent all of last year at daycare, this was completely different. At daycare she saw me several times in the day. I could go to her whenever I wanted, and play with her, sit with her, feed her or just hang out with her. Today, I walked out of her school, and I can't go back until 1.

A part of me feels completely torn. The house doesn't feel the same, and I have nothing to do. Ayzah is equally confused, looking around, here and there. Just not knowing how to express herself. I just spoke to Omair, who asked "So, how does the house feel without our little star?" - Yes, truly, Iman is the star of our lives, it's just not the same without her.

4 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Mona said...

oh hina, you made that sound so wistful.
hopefully, she had a great first day.
i sent you an email earlier in the day with the massage lady's number, did you get it?

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on this great milestone. :) loved the pics btw. esp of the nursery. looks like a fun place!

 
At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwe.i m dreading the day wen my son is going to kindergarten(next month)n its great to read abt ur experiance.i m just telling myself that it has to happen,children go to school than college n so on.but it just breaks my heart to feel that these were the only 3 yrs that my child was only wid me.i have another one coming in december n cant wait to start all this over again.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

It sounds so cliche, but they grow up soooooo fast. Heavens, mine started 8th grade yesterday. How IS that possible?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home