Thursday, February 15, 2007

Our daughter... the fashion critic

Recently Iman has become aware of dress sense. She's picking out her own outfits and matching her own accessories (often more colorful than I like!). But her opinion of dressing isn't only restricted to herself, she's moved on to us!

A few weeks ago she said... "My Baba is cute and stylish"

I was shocked! Those were pretty thought out words, so I tried to pry into her mind to get HER definition of cute and stylish.

She replies... "He wears nice clothes and he's clean".

Hmm... so she MUST have an opinion on me too.

I say: "What about Mama, am I cute and stylish?"

She says: "You're beautiful, but not stylish, you only wear pajamas."

:(

6 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Hina said...

Let me just clarify that Omair wears suits to the office, so when he comes home and Iman sees him, he's all dressed up in his "power outfit". Suit, shirt AND tie.

On the other hand... I come home from work and spend the rest of my day in track pants and a t-shirt.

*grumble grumble*

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Mona said...

kids do say the darnedest things, lol.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

I like that "clean" is part of her definition. LOL!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Blogger said...

Another classic!

By the way, I should just point out for the benefit of those who don't know you, that whenever I've seen you, you've ALWAYS looked very stylish.

Iman's probably just going through some Freudian 'put the mother down / praise the father' thing... ;-)

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Blogger said...

Why doesn't my picture appear on these comments any more?

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Blogger said...

Okay, why's my picture suddenly started appearing again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home