Monday, January 29, 2007

Reaching out to touch others

I can't imagine anything more painful than seeing your child suffer. No parent should have to go through it, and those that do, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

I have a friend back from school who had sent me an e-mail a while back. At the time I hadn't even read it properly, and dismissed it as another "forwarded" mail appealing for money. I just got another message from her and realized that it wasn't a forward. It was legitimate, and so was the person concerned.

I want my readers to visit this young boy's website and read about his battle with cancer. If you can help him, it's your cause, but if you can't donate anything, I encourage you to pray for him. Like our own kids, this child also deserves to be loved and cared for.

There is a lot of suffering in this world. I know we can't reach out and help every child in need, but we can take a moment and say a prayer for those who we know are in pain.

To Asma, Aariz and his entire family. Your story has touched my heart. I pray that Allah gives you strength for your battles, and health to your little one.

Readers, please visit... www.helpaariz.com and do the best that you can do.

1 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Blogger Asma said...

Hina, thank you so much for putting this up. Although we are perplexed as to how we will raise this much money, its when acts of compassion like this - you putting up Aariz's appeal on your blog, or some kids sending in their allowance money along with a letter for him in scrawly handwriting that make us realize that the world is filled with wonderful people. Insha'Allah it can be done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home