Monday, January 08, 2007

Caution: Parenting Advice Ahead!

For those of you out there who don't like to take advice, I'll recommend that you steer clear of my blog for a week or so.

Over the past Eid holidays we met the parents of 2 boys. Although they were far more experienced than us, both Omair and I saw some alarmingly disturbing signs of poor parenting.

I know that in the past I have always said that there is "no such thing as bad parenting", that's because I sincerely believe that when we become moms and dads we do the best job we can. But truth be told, this is the hardest job in the world, and we never receive any training for it.

Most couples out there will struggle for months (and some for years, while others for life), not because they don't want to do a good job of raising there young, but because they really don't know how.

Since Omair and I are parents who raise our child on our own (no other family influence or advice) we always turn to two of our favorite and trusted sources for support and guidance -- Super Nanny, Jo Frost and babycenter.com. Over the next few days I am going to publish the tools that we use while we raise Iman. If you are a parent out there, maybe you too can make use of what we have learned.

*Warning: The next few posts are only meant to help share the ideas that have worked for us, there is no guarantee that they will work for your family set-up. Also, I am not the kind of person who criticizes others, I am just sharing ideas that we use.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Hina said...

twintopaz, ha ha ha, two different people see the world in two different ways. You can never have both parents not having conflicting opinions on child raising. The key is to make sure the kids never pick up that there is a conflict.

I'll be posting the first words of wisdom tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home