Sunday, October 22, 2006

'Tis the Season to be Jolly...

It's the end of Ramadan and Eid is right around the corner. The streets are full of hustle and bustle. People are shopping, shops are sparkling with glitterly lights and colors. There are HUGE lines at the wrapping counter. The air if FULL of the festive season.

We've already got most of the presents wrapped. I've got goodies on the stove since morning (makes the house smell YUM!!). Iman is so excited, she's been bouncing off the walls! I put mehndi on her hands, so she's walking around with her hands open wide, making sure we don't get near them. It's her first mehndi experience, last year we thought she was too young for it.


Eid is in the air. There are plans being made to visit people. Invitations being sent out ...

*long deep sigh*

It's my favorite time of year.

Eid Mubarak Everyone!

6 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

And for the culturally retarded among your readership, would you please explain the significance of Eid? I know about Ramadan but this is a new one for me.

(And I love Iman's mehndi. So cute).

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Hina said...

L, we fast from dawn to dusk for a whole month, and then celebrate for 3 days. It's like Christmas... food, presents, traditions (but no tree and no Santa).

:)

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hina & family :- Eid Mubarak.

Love to baby Iman. Khush raho !

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Got it. The feast after the fast. Thanks.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I haven't heard of Eid until today as well. I got an email from the father of one of my students, saying he would not be in school today because of Eid and I did a little internet research on it. Iman looks so cute with her mehndi. She is darling!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Blogger said...

Another great pic. Happy Eid to you and all your loved ones. Enjoy the feasting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home