Friday, May 05, 2006

The other side

Yesterday I read a blog entry written by a daughter for her mother on her mother's birthday. It was strange, but satisfying to know that there are kids out there who love their parents despite all the mistakes that we (parent-kind) make.

She's written all kinds of "feel good" stuff. Here's some of it...

"She’s been my pillar of strength, first love, teacher, mentor, girlfriend, fashion consultant and designer, my cuddly teddy, shopping buddy, agony aunt, and my biggest fan!"

"...She knew how to not cross their space"
"...She never pried. Just silently waited for us to come and open up to her."
"...She created this bond of trust "


"...And despite the lack of restrictions, punishments and spankings, we are also afraid of her. Afraid of her disappointed silences."

"To the bestest ever mummy in the whole wide world, without whom I am nothing! The queen of my heart"

One day... years from now, I hope my daughter would feel the same way.

3 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger KM said...

awe hina, now uve given me the 'feel good feeling'!

and ill bet anything that iman will be dedicating a post to you one day!ur a great mom!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Blogger said...

I agree with Khizzy that Iman will definitely feel the same too one day.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Of course she will!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home