Saturday, August 04, 2007

Changing Faces

Just today, while reading Jammie's blog, I was reminded of an old tradition that I have maintained in our family. Ever since Iman was born, I took a picture of her on the 26th of every month, and then after her 1st birthday, a picture every year on the date. I have all the shots in a collage that I update each year.

Ever since Ayzah's birth, I have done the same for her.

Today, when Jammie was talking about changing faces and resemblances, I mentioned this to her, and then decided to share it in the blog as well. Over the year, while I watched Iman grow every day I didn't realize that she changed a million faces, but now, when I look at this collection of pictures it amazes me at the number of times her features changes, but the spirit in her eyes remained the same.

Here is the collection so far, although Ayzah's is much smaller, it's building up slowly. I would like to recommend this to all parents and parent-to-be's. It's a great way to capture the inevitable change and a beautiful collection that you and your loved ones will treasure forever.



6 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah.thanx for the idea.i will definately try it.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Mona said...

oh that's such a lovely idea. and imaan's changed a lot. ayzah and iman looked similar when they were born huh?

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was doing the same thing for my niece (she's 4 months now). however it was everyday!.. then became every week. havent done it in while now.. became lazy!
afer looking at these pics, i think i should get back to work :)

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great idea...and masaAllah ur grls hve such lovely glittery eyes

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Awwww. And isn't it just amazing how quickly they go from newborn face to baby face?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Farrukh Ahmed said...

Awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home