Friday, July 27, 2007

Blog Day Afternoon

Over the last couple of year I've been a regular reader of a blog about a girl who wrote her experiences about getting married, post-wedding life and then her pregnancy and now motherhood.

This summer, while I was back in Karachi, I got a chance to meet up with her and see her son. It was a remarkable experience to watch things come in full circle. Although it was a bit weird at first... we were complete strangers, who knew so much about each other! But we had a good laugh about that too.

That's the great thing about blogging. It really connects people.

Jammie, Mona and I were pregnant at the same time. I used to read their blogs every day. Even though we didn't know each other, we had so much in common. It was great fun to read their experiences and their mind set as things progressed. As we continue on our ways, it is these people who will be a part of my life as I work my way around parenting my kids. Their experiences and stories make me smile and I can always relate to them. Write on ladies... you brighten up my day!

Thanks Jammie, for a lovely afternoon. It was a treat to see you and your son.


7 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Mona said...

How fun. Looks like the kids had a great time too! When you get back here, Hina, we should meet up too! Go for that coffee :)
I go back to work on wednesday. Just a teeny bit scared to. Okay, a whole lot scared.
Pray for me, won't you?

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this reminded me of a random chat friend i made while i was in US after returning i met up with her and everything turned out sooper great..shes a friend for life...even designed my and ma sis clothes on ma bhai's wedding :p

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and very cute pic MasaAllah

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger KM said...

my malai koftaaaaaaa!
lol...thats what i call naddu!
my favorite and only nephew!

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's really cute that although poor Iman was fast aslep, you still manged to sneak her in the photo!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger jammie said...

awww thanks for blogging bout it- im lagging behind in my writing!

it was a lot of fun- almost like picking up where you left off from another time- except in this case we hadnt met- hehe- and it was great to meet the original star of your blog even if she did sleep through most of it!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

I've had the blessing of meeting 5 blog buddies within the last 12 months. It really is amazing the way you can connect with someone through blogging, even if you never meet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home