Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Day's Re-Cap, through little eyes

Every night when I am putting Iman to bed, I make sure to have a conversation. I ask her about her day, and the things that happened. And through her words, I get to see the little things that she found important. Although we spent the day together, and I saw the things that she saw, and I did the things that she did, our perspectives often differ. I really enjoy hearing her point of view. She recounts simple things, things that made her happy.

In the weeks that I have been doing this, I have noticed that not once does she mention the upsetting things that happened that day. She remembers her life for all the good that it contained. And as her mom, it makes me happy to know that in her thoughts, the world is a wonderful place to live in, and in her life she has all the contentment anyone could need.

3 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Hina,

Salam, R u blongs to pakistan? if yes Tell me Where, please visit my blog and leave comments and sugesstion about blogging. please visit
http://rawalpindi-city.blogspot.com
http://faisal-rehman.blogspot.com

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Mona said...

aww, isn't that beautiful? i love how that old saying that you learn all over again with your child rings so true.
especially when they're lessons like these.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Lorraine said...

You're teaching her to be grateful...that's a lovely, lovely thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home