Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Sparkly clothes and other exciting things

Watching Iman get excited about anything makes me really happy. Her eyes light up and she does a little jumpy dance thing while squealing in delight. Yesterday my mom sent Iman her Eid clothes and I wanted to try them on to make sure everything fit.

When I pulled out the glittery purple “gharara” she couldn’t believe her eyes. It was bright, and sparkly, and I was putting it on her!! Usually, Iman, who fusses and wants to run away when she is being dressed, sat in awe and watched the folds of fabric. She was even more excited when I put on the “kurti” and gave her the “dupatta”.

Iman loves the mirror on our closet. She can stand there for a long time, trying on hats and scarves and putting on dresses and shirts. Those are also the moments when you get to see her squealing and jumping. So you can imagine the level of excited energy in our room when Iman was wearing her Eid clothes AND had the mirror to model in front of!! She put the dupatta on her head, and made her way to the living room screaming “Baba, Baba!” to show Omair her clothes, laughing in delight when Omair showed his excitement. Then she came back and rearranged the dupatta around her neck and went back to the living room to show Omair again.

Then we had a struggle to get her out of the clothes, because she doesn’t understand that she has to wait for Eid. As far as Iman was concerned, she was going to wear this gharara forever! At the end of the day when she was really tired, we slipped her into her pajamas and I hid the bag with her Eid clothes for another month and half.

Having a daughter makes holidays so special. Even before Ramadan Omair and I wanted to make sure that her Eid clothes were sorted out and she had her “chooriyan” and hair clips in order. Iman’s presence makes our lives more exciting. Her enthusiasm makes us feel more alive. In the true sense of the word, she’s the “light” of our life.


PS- I didn’t include a picture, because you can see her first hand on Eid day.

8 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sitting in my 'office' looking out at a soul-sinkingly typical grey English morning (the first of many, many more I fear) and I just wanted to say that my spirits have been lifted by your charming entry for today.

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who you are smoky, but how come you've never met your daughter?

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Hina said...

ha ha ha

D, Smoky is a friend of ours. His wife is due in November and they're having a girl. Smoky is an exceptional Dad, he can't wait for the birth of their baby, and on many levels he's already in love with her.

One of the best Dad-to-be examples to date :)

Also D, I'm glad that Iman and I could make your day a little brighter. Let's hope that the blogs help the coming winter months become more cheerful!

PS- Why did you shut down your website?? If it was high maintainence, join the blog family, I am sure you'll be welcome without criticism.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger bakpakchik said...

OMIGOD, you mean D actually didn't know till now who Smoky was?

ROFL.

LMAO.

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What!?!? I don't know any tall men with pregnant wives! Or am I being very, very thick here? Who is he? Send the answer to my email address! Or send me an SMS! I'll go check out his blog for clues.

Oh, and thanks for asking about the website Hina, but no, it wasn't high maintenance at all. It just caused me too much hassle to make it worth doing. But I'll be sure to let you know if it ever returns in some form or another.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I've just done a quick scan of his blog and I am none the wiser.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you're in control of everything - Iman's to wait for her dress on Eid and everyone else has to wait for her pictures on Eid. tsk tsk that's really longg waiting...
I must also say alot of people get amused and enthrilled by reading your accurate and detailed stories of your cute angel including this latest story. I hope this would inspire many other dads-to-be and moms-to-be like smoky and d said ;)

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Hina said...

Ejaz, welcome to our lives, intro please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home