Sunday, August 14, 2005

A love greater than any I have known

Ever since I came down with the flu, I’ve seen Iman’s sense of love and concern heighten for me. As I lay on the couch and blow my nose all day, she tries endless tactics to entertain me. First she brings the ball, then the car, then her books, each time wanting me to get up and do what I usually do… keep her busy and entertained. But seeing little to no reaction, she feels it’s her duty to make things right. So all day as I try to get by, she tries to get me going.

It’s nice to know that no matter how low I may be, there will always be someone who cares enough to pick me up.
Don’t get me wrong, spouses are great at this too. In fact, Omair is the perfect husband when I am sick. He takes excellent care of me… tea, soup, food, you name it! He even manages the whole house when I am down. After having Iman, he’s been so great that after coming home from work he looks after her 100%. And at the end of the day, he even takes time to do something extra nice to pamper me back to my feet.

But there is something different about a child’s love and concern. Iman can’t do all that for me, but she has done so much in the past few days. Her genuine concern and love for me has given me a greater appreciation of motherhood. She feels scared. I’ve even seen her stand at the door of the bathroom as I blow my nose, looking worried, not knowing what’s wrong with her mommy. It’s a concern so innocent and so pure, that I can’t help but be flattered that there is someone in my life that cares about me so much.

No matter how much I may love Omair, this an amazing feeling. Kids truly are priceless. And it’s a love beyond any you will ever know, until you have one of your own!

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Hina said...

Maybe what I think is love/concern is a traumatic experience for her. She'll never be the same again!!!

Should start blowing my nose with the door closed, because what comes out certainly isn't pretty!!

Hey Arfi... no recent blog?? I was waiting for an anniversary insight.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger bakpakchik said...

November?!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home