Sunday, November 27, 2005

Party Animal

It’s a great feeling of knowing that your baby has someone to play with. Since Iman has turned 1, we have managed to successfully find a handful of parents whose company we enjoy… and whose children Iman feels comfortable with.

And with this handful of people came a calendar of social events. Last week we attended a birthday party for Saif, one of Iman’s friends that turned 3. Iman had a great time grooving to the music. She shared chips and juice with another 2 year old and participated eagerly in all the games. I loved watching from the side lines. My baby is so big she’s got her own little social life!

At the same party we all got invitations to attend a birthday at Burger King this Friday. One of the girls is turning 2. It’s so sweet that Iman is making friends and enjoying their company. And it’s even more amazing to watch all the kids play kiddie birthday games.

Being the over excited party planner that I am… my mind is already ticking for Iman’s 2nd birthday! When she turned 1, we hardly knew people with kids, so Iman’s 1st birthday was all about “our” friends. But I have a feeling that next year is going to be really different. I can’t wait!!

7 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger mayya said...

awwweee make her burp`day a themed one, or perhaps a costume party, or maybe 2 is too young for that or a rainbow party, dress in all rainbow colors, or a dress as prince-princess party *sigh* I think I should stop and let mommy decide :D

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger jammie said...

you know being a graphic designer, im already looking fwd to that time in life inshallah when i can get to plan birthday parties for my babies!!!

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Hina said...

Thanks girls... you'll be my advisors when we're nearing May. So far no themes yet... but let me just tell you that there is a place called the Party Warehouse in Dubai. We bought EVERTHING for Iman's first birthday from there.

If you ever go there... you'll DIE of a heartattack.

Ok no more details. I will blog about this tomorrow with pics.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger bakpakchik said...

Okay, i miss you two. When is O. coming back so you can move back home?! :(

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: BPC's comment... why aren't you at home??

Re: kiddie birthday parties... one day, I truly and genuinely hope I will learn (re-learn) why I HATED (passionately!) my own birthday parties when I was 4/5/6...

But I'm sure Iman loved hers... and will continue to love them...

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Hina said...

BPC, Omair is back as of Tuesday night.

D, Omair was in Muscat for 2 days. I went to stay with a friend whose husband was also away on a business trip.

D, re: birthdays... why oh why did you hate your birthdays????? Omair and I decided that when our kids are old enough to tell us, they can decide what they want for their birthday. It can be a party... or a day out... or anything they want. After all, it is their day!

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have NO IDEA why I hated them, but I remember that I did. I even half ran away from one of my parties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home