Sunday, November 20, 2005

Knowing where you are needed the most

We all have our "places to get to" and "places to be", but it's really cool when we know that we are really needed where we already are.

Last night after I put Iman to bed, I continued my routine as usual. After about 2 hours or so...

As I was doing the bathroom rituals I heard Iman crying from the room. The time that it took me to get dressed and get to her was a little long. And in the mean time Omair tried his best to pacify a really bad situation. The more he tried to calm her down, the more she cried. He tried to sing... she cried. He tried to pick her up... she cried even more. When I finally made it into the room, I lay down next to her, she hugged me and quietly went back to sleep.

All she really needed was her mommy.

:)

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger jammie said...

hahah really enjoyed some of your last few posts. :)

ive realized that a sense of humour is really all you need sometimes to get through life.

 
At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omair tried to SING to her?????! No wonder the poor child was traumatised!

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

D,

My singing is to drown out the crying :).

Album will be coming out soon.

O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home